Southern Luzon State University as an academic hub of excellent curricular programs, transdisciplinary researchers, and responsive extension services that contributes to knowledge production, social development, and economic advancement of Quezon province and the CALABARZON Region
The university commits to develop a sustained culture of delivering quality services and undertaking continuous interdisciplinary innovations in instruction, research, and extension in the fields of agriculture, science, engineering, technology, allied health and medicine, human security, business, and the arts anchored to the development needs of Quezon province and the CALABARZON Region and national and global development goals.
L Leadership by Example
S Sustained Passion for Excellence
U Undiminished Commitment to Peace and Environmental Advocacy
SLSU VMGO is approved per SLSU BOR Referendum No. 11, s. 2021
SLSU College of Arts and Sciences as a leading institution in the pure, applied, and social sciences, promoting culture and the arts, and fostering quality education, research, and extension towards national and regional development
The College prepares students to be research- and service-oriented professionals in the arts and sciences, nurturing a culture of equity in the region.
1. Provide holistic development of students by making them understand and appreciate ways of knowing the self, environment, society, and the world
2. Give students opportunities to become mature and responsible persons with the values embodied in the University’s mission statement evident in their innovative and active response to the socio-cultural, psychological, and political challenges of the times
3. Enhance students’ appreciation of the arts and sciences to develop in them the passion for research and discovery of new knowledge in the service of the Filipino people, its ASEAN counterpart, and the international community.
4. Produce young professionals who are skilled and competent for jobs that involve training, testing, and research, and become professional practitioners in psychology and related disciplines
5. Produce effective mass media and communication professionals, and practitioners in allied fields who are capable of providing quality services to the community, the nation, and the rapidly changing world
6. Provide a wide variety of introductory and advanced courses that will introduce students to the ways in which historians recreate the past, and to build skills in historical analysis, writing and research
7. Provide students with knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will enable them to think critically and logically, convey mathematical concepts and solutions to real- world problem through research, exhibit positive attitude and values toward the discipline, and environment, and have an appropriate set of professional skills to ensure a productive career
8. Train students to become equipped and competent in the field of biology and related disciplines
9. Provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in investigating language-related issues and problems in society
Telephone Number: (6342) 540 5125
Email Address*: email@example.com
CAS Research: firstname.lastname@example.org
TILAMSIK: The Southern Luzon Journal of Arts and Sciences: email@example.com
*Note: Please send Conference/ Convention invitations to Dr. Doracie Zoleta-Nantes, University President thru Dr. Shiela M. Manzanilla, Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org